Monday, May 15, 2017

PBIS: Applying Positive Behavioral Supports 

For this competency, I used a set of rules I crafted for the PBIS Online Module. These rules I devised for a high school history class, and I wanted to have a set of positive rules that encourage discussion, respect for others and their opinions, and allow students to feel free to ask questions and speak their mind. History is a collaborative and interpretive science, and it thrives on people debating different points of view in order to build the most complete vision of what the past was like. 


I have the idea that this would be handed around the class in the first few days of school, and that each student would 'sign' it like the Constitution of the United States, and then it would be posted. I think that would be a fun little wrinkle on a list of rules, and it has the effect of students agreeing to them and signing a kind of contract. 

No comments:

Post a Comment